Friday, March 30, 2007

World Cup Stadium






So.. for Dave Cotton's 23rd birthday we got tickets to see Uraguay play South Korea at a FIFA friendly game in world cup stadium. Our seats were 8th row midfield. The game was great, the seats were awesome. The atmosphere was unbelievable. I have never seen so much red being worn in one place at the same time, I have never been in such a big sports complex.. So many people. korea's team is called "The Reds" and for a team that apparently is not doing so well they had a large cheering section.
Towards the end of the game 4 people that we were sitting with (friends of Dave's) decided they were gonna streak across the field. Now I thought to myself that that might be a bad idea. I mean faterall it's not just a soccer field..it's the world cup field... Let's be serious. but no before I could contemplate their plan any further they were running across the middle of the field, the players just kinda staring nd wondering what the hell the waygoek's were doing. I am thankful that they don't know the meaning of the ord streak and were runing fully clothed all over the place. These are pretty big guys it it took a few little korean police officer men to take them down.

The game ended, Uraguay 2-0. We headed over to RMT (a canadian bar) to continue the adventure. We had a great night full of adventure.

No comments: