Sunday, March 4, 2007

Bungee Jumping







...."and I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, free falling...." was what was going through my head when we decided to take the plunge. Literally. From 45 feet in the air with a cord that has its safety in its elasticity. We finally did it, in a city called Bundang for 25 dollars, Erin, Paul, Brooks, and myself. The weekend after we watched Dave Cotton and his friends do it we couldn't wait until it got warmer. We woke up at 10 on a cloudy Sunday and hopped on a bus.

Going in, we signed our lives away and go strapped in by a man who didn't speak our language. Prayed a little on the inside that he wasn't explaining some essential safety rules, then we rode the elevator slowly up the 45 m to the platform. I was to go third. To our disappointment we got strapped by our waists, which is far from the ankle jump we anticipated, however maybe it was better to ease into these things. I couldn't think of it as I stood there waiting. What was I thinking about? "54321, 54321, 54321" if I did let what I was about to do cross my mind I may have hopped right back on that elevator. So I get there and he attaches the rope and says "54321 Bun gee OK?" and even though my mind was like heck no I'm not ready my mouth opened and said "OK". And as he did his countdown I decided that i couldn't do i but as soon as he said bungee I just automatically went........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!

For the first second it was oh this sucks, then it took my breath away for a few seconds. Then you ease into the cord, no whiplash as I expected... so you get this sense of safety back form the harness holding you so tightly then you recoil. When you get up so high again you lose all sense of safety because the harness is tight against you anymore... then you get it back as you fall...repeat three times and you get lowered into a boat and all it good....

Next time I'm all over this ankle business!

No comments: