Monday, January 8, 2007

Tae Kwan Do

So i have been taking tae kwan do for a few months now.... this past motnh I guess we have been having some problems with our kwan jang nim (grand master) and people have left the group and the rest of us were about ready to call it quits... however this past Sunday Ginny, david and i attended our Green belt test, prepared for certain failure. It didn't go as bad as expected, despite only one chance to practice our pomsei, tae-bo routine and our kiuk - pa (board breaking) I think we managed to all pass! i was really nervous about the breaking of the boards, i had an awesome routine that had me tackling 4 boards, by attempting one hand chop, and 3 different kicks. After the first board was broken and the crowd of parents cheered for me I was given the confidence to finish them off, it was no problem... Im real tough...
We were also entertained by many other poeple going for their rexpective belts. Some of which were black, and lets be serious, thats real cool! they were doing crazy flips and doing awesome tae bo routines. This motivated Ginny and myself to stick with TKD. And here I am today, green belt and participation medal in hand, rocking out and kickin ass......

No comments: